Google
 

Monday 23 April 2007

Med School Excitement

Iv decided to start on a positive note today. So no moaning or complaining today, well... maybe just one when it tickles my fancy. My excitement of going to med school is returning, just 5 months left! Waiting for an offer was agonisingly painful, but at the same time a miniature adrenaline rush. I'm sure most people have felt it before, waking up with anticipation, with the 'will it be today' question running through their minds. Then taking those careful steps downstairs and peering round the corner at the space directly below the letter box, or that one heart pounding 'click' on UCAS Track, eyes squeezed shut, afraid to face the possible reality of rejection.

Being my second attempt at the whole med school cycle, receiving an offer letter I thought it would be the best day of my life. Well... it wasn't. Days later I was still expecting a 'We are sorry, UCAS has experienced a computer glitch, your offer no longer remains valid' letter. Of course it never came ... but neither did the excitement part, the jumping up and down like a mad monkey tasting its first ripe banana. It was more a relief, the releasing of a 4 yr held-in breath, knowing I didn't have to spend another year at home, that my life could finally begin.

Whether I like it or not I'll soon be apart of that transparent group known as 'medics', the one people supposedly respect and other hate. I'll get to interact with real patients and make a fool of myself in front of them whilst seriously pretending they haven't noticed, when in fact their skin crawls at my mere touch, afraid I'll suture their other eye shut instead. Whats even more exciting is that I get the chance of doing that balancing trick you see in ER and Grey's Anatomy, with the stethoscope around your neck, whilst at the same time attempting to running at lightning speed to get to that last danish pastry in the cafeteria .

3 comments:

Nic said...

are you going to be like jd on scrubs? i shall compare it to that since i don't watch ER or grey's anatomy lol. well done on the offer though. where's the offer for?

Estrellas said...

Thanks! Yip i'm gonna be exactly like that. lets hope i'm more pally with the janitor! It's at Hull York Med School (HYMS).

Nic said...

yay, i heart york. i shall have to come visit :D